Five exercises to do with the exercise ball
Losing weight and toning your muscles will take a lot of work, so you have to be ready for this challenge from the very beginning. There are many ways to make things easier for you, one of them being an exercise ball. It will help you do complicated, but effective exercises and you will not need any other equipment except for the ball. Here are five exercises that you can do :
- Ball Push Ups. Push-ups are not the easiest exercises in the world. Ball push-ups are not either, but they are more effective and they do a great job working on your arms, chest, and back. All you have to do is to support your knees on the ball, instead of supporting your body on your toes.
- Ball Sit-ups. If you think that crunches are not effective, you will change your mind as soon as you try to make them on the ball. Instead of lying down on the floor, sit on the fitness ball with your feet resting on the floor. Lean back and get back up, like you would do a normal sit-up.
- Ball Squats with one leg. You want to work on your back, bottom, and legs? Squats are the best exercises! Stand tall and keep the ball a few inches behind your right leg. Put your right leg on the ball, and make the squat while you support yourself on the left leg.
- Ball Squeeze. This is a great exercise for your bottom and your back, as well as your lower abdomen. Lie on the back, and keep the ball between your legs. Raise your lower body as high as you can. Maintain the position for 2 seconds then lower your body and relax. Repeat.
- Ball triceps extension. Put your feet on the floor, your palms on the ball with your arms perfectly stretched. Bend your elbows like you want to do a push-up, and support your body on your hands. Go back to the initial position and repeat.